Cover Letter for Case Manager
Life is full of unprecedented events. It is not in human capacity to be prepared for every single episode the almighty has planned. We need to have someone who can show up right way to tackle and come out of any awful situations in personal and professional endeavors. A case manager is that someone who takes training in order to help people deal with unhappy circumstances. He or she is similar to a social worker whose aim is just to help families lead a healthy life, and organizations to minimize industrial relation problems and increase productivity.
The qualification that case managers have is used in health-care sectors, insurance and manufacturing units. They are employed in hospitals, community-assisting agencies, rehabilitation centers, hospices, disability, aging, child welfare, occupational services, immigration services, etc. Hence, job descriptions vary according to the nature of employment. For example, in the health-care sector, they would work together with social workers and offer advice to families in dealing with medical, drug addiction, financial, and psychiatric problems. In manufacturing units, they would converse with unions and workers to rectify and find solutions on stress levels and production issues. They will also help workers in case if there is an accident within the company premises no matter the mishap has occurred due to fault of anyone.
498 East Camelback Road
September 1, 2013
Selfless Service Inc.
239 East Thomas Road
Re: Application for the position of a case manager.
Dear Ms. Parker,
This letter is in regard to your job advertisement published in today's newspaper “The Times,” for the position of a Case Manager. I am interested in working at your counseling and treatment center at this similar position. I have attached my resume to help you identify my capabilities at length in filling up the vacancy.
I believe this available position matches with my qualification and experience. I hold a valid and current social worker license and a degree in the relevant field. I am currently with Angel Hospital and is responsible for offering caring and counseling session to patients and their families.
I have handled around 500 cases in my seven-year of spotless and bright career. I truly love and enjoy a lot seeing people living a normal life after a severe bout of addiction and stress. I have read lots of books of psychology, and it has helped in understanding people's nature a lot. I also have experience in handling any type of complex cases relating to all ages. I am a compassionate and soft-natured person with excellent communication skills.
I believe together we can help reform many lives with our common goals. Please ring me on (602) 306-2087 whenever you are free. I am thankful to you for reading this letter.
This cover letter focuses on careers related to health-care sectors. The applicant can use the format and style for other sectors such as insurance and manufacturing units with some changes.
Round out your job application with a professional cover letter. We have plenty of info about cover letters and how to write your own, but if you are specifically looking to work as a Nurse Case Manager, you’ve come to the right place.
As a case manager, hiring managers will want to hear personal stories about how you’ve helped people. In your interview, have a great example in mind.
Use our cover letter sample as a reference for your own, or fill in the template with your information. If, however, you want a cover letter professionally written just for you, then try out our cover letter builder.
Table of Contents
- Nurse Case Manager Cover Letter (Image)
- Nurse Case Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
- 5 Tips for Writing a Cover Letter
Nurse Case Manager Cover Letter (Image)
The below images show both the Nurse Case Manager Cover Letter and its corresponding resume. You can download your own for free by clicking the images below.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Nurse Case Manager Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Looking for something different? Check out our cover letter example library for other industry-specific samples.
Nurse Case Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
142 Durham Blvd.
Cambridge, NY, 94301 United States
March 21, 2017
Hiring Manager’s Name
341 Company Address
Cambridge, NY, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
My name is Joanne Wilson, and I am a certified Nurse Case Manager with 7+ years of experience working with and assisting patients suffering from long-term illnesses and diseases. While I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Teresa St. John Hospital, I would like to apply for the Patient Navigator position at Sunnyvale Clinic.
During my tenure at Teresa St. John Hospital and Bluebird Clinic, I helped patients that suffered from complex chronic illnesses by arranging their medical care plans. This required extensive research, planning, and foresight to ensure my patients received the best care possible. To provide a more in-depth look of my work experience, I’ve included three accomplishments from my resume below:
- Plan for the successful discharge of patients with complex and chronic illnesses like congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and dementia
- Reduced emergency services costs by 10% by reducing medically unnecessary admissions, length of patient stays, and readmissions
- Arrange primary care, hospice care, medical equipment for discharges to home care, or coordinate transitions to Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing Facilities
Sunnyvale Clinic’s emphasis on providing the most affordable care plans to their patients is admirable. I believe putting the patient’s needs first should be the top priority of any healthcare institution. This attention to their well-being resonates strongly with me, and I would gladly contribute to this end as Sunnyvale’s new nurse case manager.
The prospect of working at Sunnyvale Clinic is thrilling, and I would like to schedule a time to interview as soon as possible. Please contact me at [Phone] or via Email at [Email] so we can arrange a suitable time. Thank you for your time and consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
5 Tips for Writing a Cover Letter
1. Start off Strong: In your introduction, you should include your name, experience, and intent. While you don’t need to be overly specific, briefly mentioning what kind of experience you have is important. For example, this applicant worked with “patients suffering from long-term illnesses” for 7+ years. This information will grab the nurse recruiter’s attention.
2. Talk About Yourself: In your second paragraph, explain what you’ve done in your previous or current roles that makes you an asset. Elaborate on your achievements, and be clear about what diseases, illnesses, etc. you are specialized in.
Elaborate on your achievements, and be clear about what diseases, illnesses, etc. you are specialized in.
3. Include Detailed Work Experience: Using a bullet point list, list three noteworthy achievements from your Professional Experience section of your resume. This will help convince nurse recruiters that you are the right fit, and it will make your cover letter stand out from the rest.
4. Brag About Their Hospital: Working in the medical and healthcare industries is tough; congratulate them for their efforts, and mention how you can contribute or why you want to work there.
5. End with Your Details: Be sure to conclude your cover letter with your contact details, mention that you’re thrilled at the prospect of working there, and ask to set up an interview as soon as possible.