Nursing Cover Letter
Personalize the nursing cover letter sample for your own use when applying for a nursing job.
This resume cover letter is designed to get the reader's attention and ensure that your job application is followed up on. Highlight your experience and skills as they relate directly to the nursing position you are applying for.
Use this sample letter to create a nurse cover letter that clearly outlines your skills and why you are the right person for the job. It is the cover letter that will get your resume read and take you to the next level in your job search.
Nursing Cover Letter
Your contact details(phone and email)
Mrs Emily Blackstone
Director of Nursing
Unity Hospital Center
450 First Avenue
New York, New York 10016
Dear Mrs Blackstone
I am submitting my resume in application for the recently advertised R.N. position at Unity Hospital Center. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in critical care nursing will make me an asset to your nursing staff.
Some key points that are relevant to this nursing position include:
- I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from XYZ University in 2010 and my Certification in Critical Care Nursing in 2013.
- I have experience caring for a broad range of patients from infants to senior citizens within various scenarios including post-operative, infectious diseases, medical, oncology, intensive care and emergency departments.
- My particular areas of expertise include ICU and CCU, intravenous therapy, emergency procedures and patient and family counseling and support.
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated nurse with the ability to remain focused and self-directed in very high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to caring for patients and the ability to function as an integral part of a treatment team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at Unity Hospital. A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a health care professional.
I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your nursing needs. Please contact me via phone or e-mail to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Need help with your nursing resume? Use the sample nursing resume to develop a professional and persuasive resume.
Nursing ResumesFree Sample Resume Template
Registered Nurse Resume
Nursing Job Description
Nursing Cover Letters
Cover Letter Formats
Cover Letter Template
Basic Cover Letter
Nursing Cover Letter Tips
Nursing Job Interviews
Nursing Job Interview
Nurse Interview Questions
Before your send off your nursing cover letter proofread it thoroughly and read it aloud a couple of times to hear how it comes across. Make sure you have referred to how your specific skills and strengths meet the needs of the employer and nursing opportunity.
Allow your professionalism to come across in the cover letter and make sure your resume and job application receive the right consideration.
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Nurse Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
ICU Nurse Cover Letter
ICU Nurses are in charge for providing acute care to patients with serious illnesses or injuries. This job is one of the most difficult because ICU Nurses need to respond to life-saving situations. Essential responsibilities for this role are admitting patients into the intensive care unit, determining medical issues, monitoring vital signs, cleaning wounds, administering medication, helping patients feel comfortable, teaching patients how to manage their condition, and maintaining nursing records.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for ICU Nurses, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Nursing expertise
- Medical teamwork
- Stamina and resilience
- Being able to work under pressure
- Decision-making and alertness
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Bedside manners
- Emotional stability
- Effective communication
Below is provided a cover letter example displayed comparable ICU Nurse qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive ICU Nurse Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Bell:
As a skilled ICU Nurse with comprehensive experience providing medical services to a wide variety of patients within critical care environments, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting acute patient care will allow me to substantially assist Clearview Hospital’s Trauma Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My background includes more than 12 years of experience preparing and utilizing highly technical devices / equipment, monitoring patient progress, administering medications, and communicating with cross-functional medical teams to coordinate all aspects of patient care. Tracking patient vitals, maintaining detailed patient and procedure records, and providing overarching bedside nursing support are just a few of the many tasks I perform each day, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelling in my current position as a Surgical / Trauma ICU RN within a Level One Trauma Center—held for the past nine years—and providing high-quality patient care in alignment with organizational standards and legal regulations.
- Collaborating across diverse medical teams to formulate and implement integrated patient care plans; tracking patient progress and producing corresponding detailed reports.
- Developing individual patients’ health care goals utilizing a holistic approach aligned with both patient and family/caregiver needs.
- Achieving credentials as a Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) and a Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN); earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
With my expertise in managing patient care and support within critical care units, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your hospital in this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Andrew A. Edmondson