Many people dread writing cover letters and often find themselves wondering just how important these letters are. The fact is that hiring managers will read them, so if you want to get noticed, a well-written cover letter is a must. To ensure your document follows the best practices, check out our copywriter and editor cover letter example and these do’s and don’ts.
- Do highlight your skills. Letting hiring managers know what abilities you have right off the bat is a good practice, especially if your previous work experience doesn’t quite sell you for the position.
- Don’t mention education in your cover letter, as hiring managers care most about experience and skills. As shown in our example, the candidate emphasizes only these aspects.
- Do get creative. A copywriter’s job is based on creativity, so showcase what you’ve got. Use spicy language and have fun with the format if you are applying to a company such a hip startup.
- Don’t state your name. The hiring manager already knows your name from the resume, so just get straight to the point.
Copywriter And Editor Advice
As a copywriter, you’ll write everything from witty ad copy to website content, to email communications to customers, and more. The cover letter examples below have been designed (and written!) specifically for copywriter & editor professionals. Take a look at these cover letter examples for guidance, and then write your cover letter using these examples (and your writing skills) as a guide. Click on any of the templates below to tak your next step toward a new and exciting copywriting job!
Cover Letter Tips for Copywriter And Editor
If you want to find jobs as a Copywriter And Editor you need to work on your job-hunting skills. Taking these tips into account will assist you in achieving your goals of finding a job in your field.
1. Network online. Social media plays a big role in finding jobs in this day and age. Utilizing professional networking websites like LinkedIn and Monster will give you an edge in finding your desired job.
2. Network in person. Even with the emerging importance of a strong online presence, you can’t neglect the value of face-to-face conversation. This can be done in many ways such as submitting applications on site or attending job fairs.
3. Perform research on local companies in your field. Doing some simple searches may lead you to finding companies you want to work for. Once you find a company you can often apply for open positions on their website.
4. Follow up with all of your leads. Staying persistent and keeping in touch in an appropriate timeframe will show the employer that you are interested above the rest of the applicants.
5. Keep your attitude positive. The job market can be tough sometimes but it’s helpful to remain optimistic and take responsibility. Optimism goes a long way in boosting your confidence and helping you bounce back from any setbacks.
Copywriter And Editor Job Seeking Tips
An important key to finding jobs as a Copywriter And Editor is having a great cover letter. No matter how experienced you are with job hunting it’s a good idea to keep some basic do’s and don’ts in mind.
1. Fix spelling and grammar mistakes. There is no room for mistakes when it comes to your cover letter. Proofreading and editing will make your cover letter professional and presentable.
2. Use a template but don’t be restricted by it. Many templates are out there that can get you started but they can look clunky or unoriginal. Fiddle around with the layout settings to give it a personal touch that will make you stand out.
3. Organize things in order of importance. Whether you list education or experience first depends on what is most relevant to the job you are applying for. Always be sure to list your jobs in reverse chronological order.
4. Keep it short. For the typical applicant you should keep it to one page or two pages maximum. If you have to use a curricula vitae to show your accomplishments then it is acceptable to go over two pages.
5. Consider including a Summary of Qualifications. This should be a bullet point or small paragraph that summarizes who you are and why you’re qualified for the job. This helps employers get a quick idea of your experience.
ROBERT MURRAY KIDD
2-291 Main St.
Wasaga Beach, Ont.
As you can see from the attached resume, I have a solid and broad background in the editing business. With experience spanning 15 years, coupled with the vast resources I have gathered together as the Owner and Executive Director of EditFast.com and TranslationHelp.com, I am sure that I can meet your editing, proofreading, and writing requirements.
I have edited a vast number of the type of documents you might require: business and financial reports, technical documents, documents in translation, sales brochures, manuscripts, Web sites, novels, textbooks, medical reports, scientific journal articles, sales letters, and much more. I perform my editing duties with a high degree of professionalism and I have never missed a deadline.
I possess an Honors BA in English from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, and an MA in English from the University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada.
I am proficient with all the major editing software for both Macintosh and Windows including Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, WordPerfect, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Works, PageMaker, and more. I can edit any document in any format.
I would be more than happy to help with your editing needs. If, from time to time, you have more work than one person can handle, as the Owner and Executive Director of EditFast.com, an on-line editing service, I am in a position to satisfy all your editing needs quickly. EditFast is supported by over 1200 professional, tested, and qualified editors with experience in all fields. If necessary, I can easily contact and select the editor that best suits your needs and the needs of the document at hand.
I have a professional and highly conscientious attitude toward my work and, keeping in mind my experience, education, and the support of EditFast, I hope that you might consider using my editorial services.
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Click here for an immediate FREE ESTIMATE.
Send your document now!
We'd be happy to hear from you!
TOP --- HOME
CLIENT SERVICES|Free estimate|Editing|Proofreading|Indexing|Copy EditingBusiness Documents|Textbooks|Journal Articles|Novels|Client Registration|Client Kudos|EditFast Site Owner|Feedback|Contact Us|Client List|Endorsements|Guarantee|Our Profile|Privacy and Security|
CLIENT RESOURCES|Editor List|Editor Locations |EditFast in Ireland|Editor Specializations|Editor Specialization Descriptions|Public Pages|Japanese Pages|
EDITOR SERVICES |Editor Registration|Make Money Now!|Writing Contest|Tips for Writers and Editors|World Clock|
EDITOR JOB SEARCH RESOURCES|The Editorial|
EDITFAST CONTESTS |Writing Contests|Essay Writing Contests|Short Story Writing Contests|Short Short Story Writing Contests|Novel Writing Contests|Poetry Writing Contests